Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gag

Gag. Gag. Gag.

That's what's on my brain every day. Just about every minute of every day.

There is hardly anything I can think of that doesn't make me gag these days. I'm pretty sure I have the worst gag reflex in the world right now. And the way I see it: if I have to go through it, I'm going to make people go through it with me...or at least try. So, here's a list of the things responsible for making me gag.

Brushing my Teeth
I have to close my eyes to try to keep the gagging at bay. I also sometimes hum. I hate seeing the water go down the drain. More importantly, I hate hearing the water go down the drain. I have explained this in person to some friends and almost gagged just making the sound of the water going down. *shudder*

Sniffling
Something about this makes me gag. I'm not sure what it is.

Hearing People Slurp
Coffee. Soup. I don't care what it is. If you slurp, I will gag.

Swallowing
I don't mean when I have food in my mouth. You know how you sometimes just have to swallow? Well I have to do that twice as much now that I have twice as much saliva in my mouth. Apparently extra saliva is a side effect of pregnancy. And the woman with the worst gag reflex has this side effect. Great.

I think that's about it. However, whenever I'm not gagging, I'm nauseous, so the combination makes for excellent days.

I know, I know, I should be happy that I'm pregnant and the end result will be great. Well, I'm going to wait until you're pregnant and tell you that!

For real though, I am happy that I'm pregnant, and I know the end result will be great...I just can't wait to be done the first trimester!

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I am SO happy to be out of the 1st trimester (and into my 3rd in just a week!). Were you like this with Paisley too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, I remember being really nauseous with Paisley, but I don't remember it being this bad. I also wasn't as tired. But I'm working six days a week now and with Paisley I was a part time working student, so it's hard to compare. I just can't wait to be done! Good luck in your third trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I totally relate with you! Almost all of those things had me gagging when I was prego with my second child Braeden. I found that I felt much crappier with my second pregnancy (maybe because he was a boy and my first was a girl???) who knows...anyway, I feel for you:)

    Judy Banman

    ReplyDelete