Friday, January 28, 2011

Update on Baby Leighton

In my last post, I explained that I got a call from my OB saying that Leighton had a spot on her heart.
I went for my EchoUltrasound on Tuesday, which was an hour long and I'm pretty sure I dozed off a couple of times while some lady was pushing a paddle across my stomach. Dim lights, soft music, humming machines...definitely nap material. She didn't say much but I overheard her talking to the radiologist and she said something about 3 mm. I immediately panicked. I'm a worst-case-scenario kind of person. Tell me some news and I'll think of the worst thing that could possibly happen. Anyway, I figured a 3 mm spot on an adult heart might not be such a big deal, but on a baby who doesn't even weigh a pound yet? That's pretty big.

Yesterday I went for another regular ultrasound because at my first one Leighton wasn't going into the "right" positions for the best pictures and we never got a picture of the entire spine. The same ultrasound technician was there that I had at my first ultrasound and I told her about going for an Echo and she seemed stunned that I was even sent for one. Another woman joined our conversation and said that they see spots all the time and that it's just a Calcified Papillary Muscle (after some research, I'm still not sure what that means). I sure breathed a sigh of relief, though, just hearing these women talk about how it was no big deal.

Yesterday we also got to see Leighton sucking her thumb, moving her feet around (I think she was dancing) and touch her face all over with her hands. Around this time is when the baby's nerves in their fingertips start working, so it made sense that she wanted to feel her face.

Other than that things around here have been pretty slow. I called my Supervisor at work yesterday and she thinks it will be another 2-4 weeks before I get called back into work. It's not worth it for me to go back yet because they only make about 25 hours/week and I make more money at home on unemployment.

Pregnancy is still going meh. Nausea is down, gagging still there and heartburn is up. So I traded one thing for another. Leighton seems to be sitting WAY lower than Paisley ever did. I feel like she's going to kick right out of my you-know-what (think low) every day. It's not that comfortable. I think maybe 3 times I've felt her kick above my pants.

I'm trying to work on the girls' room (they'll be sharing), but I'm having a hard time finding matching or at least co-ordinating crib/twin bedding. If anyone knows of anyplace where they sell matching bedding let me know! I had planned on getting this all done before going back to work, but I'm not making much progress. Dave said he will do the painting and decorating during his March Break, and I just laughed. I know he just says that so I won't stress over it, but I know I would be more stressed if I were at work knowing Dave is at home painting the girls' room. What if he didn't do a proper taping job? What if he didn't do enough coats?

Oh, the stresses of a pregnant woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment