Monday, January 17, 2011

Much Needed Update

We have internet! Yay! After almost 2 months of using internet at either my parents or Dave's parents, I'd say it's about time!

I figured it's been long enough since a post, so here we go with the updating.

We moved! We're out of our little teeny tiny duplex by the lake, and in a larger (but not large) country house surrounded by apple orchards and we absolutely love it! Still just two bedrooms but Paisley's is the size of 2 bedrooms, so there's plenty of room for the new baby. We also have a good sized yard and a garage.

We're having a girl! I know I already put this on Facebook, but just thought I'd mention it here, too. Dave picked out the name Leighton and he finally gave in to the name Capri (one of my fave girl names ever!), so we're naming her Leighton Capri. She's a lot lower than Paisley was so her kicking feels really weird. Mostly she kicks right on my bladder so it's like needing to pee really bad for a small micro second but it passes once she's done moving.

Paisley is still up to her usually silly self. She wears her glittery dress shoes in the house with her pajamas on and her messenger boy hat on backwards and holds her little purse and then looks at herself in the mirror with pure pride while sitting on her bench. She's learning a lot of words now but only says them when she's asked to. Other than that it's just grunts and other random noises. All of her stuffed animals have to wear diapers. What a cutie.

I've been laid off since the end of November and I absolutely love it. I'm dreading the day when I get called back in (which could be any day now).

I had my first ultrasound on January 4th and got a call from my OB saying that they found a spot on the baby's heart. It could be nothing, but it could be something, so I got some blood taken for genetic testing (I opted out of the first two parts of that testing) and I go for an echo ultrasound on January 25th. On January 27th I go for another regular ultrasound because they couldn't see the baby's full spine last time. She wasn't moving into the positions the technician wanted last time (stubborn already!) so I have to go back to look at the spine again.

Anyway, I think that's all I have to update for now. Sure is nice to have internet access to start posting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment